· The following information explains how to configure Outlook Express 6 for Windows.
Step By Steps
1. Launch Outlook Express
2. Choose whether or not to make it the default client
3. On the Toolbar, click Tools and select Accounts from the menu.
4. The Internet Accounts window opens.
5. Toward the top, right corner, click Add and select Mail from the menu.
6. The Internet Connection Wizard launches.
7. Display name = enter your name.
8. Click next to continue.
9. E-mail address = enter your cpcinternet e-mail address.
10. Click next to continue.
11. The incoming mail server should be set to POP3.
12. Incoming and Outgoing mail servers should be set to mail.cpcinternet.com.
13. Click next to continue.
14. Account name = enter the username of the e-mail account (everything before @)
15. Password = enter the password to your e-mail account.
Important: passwords are case-sensitive. Ensure your Caps Lock is disabled.
16. Select Remember password.
Important: do NOT select Log on using 'Secure Password Authentication'.
17. Click next to continue.
18. Click Finish to complete the wizard.
19. Important: you still need to enable SMTP authentication. You'll see how to do this in the following screenshots.
20. The Internet Accounts window appears.
21. Highlight the desired account and click Properties.
22. Mail Account = you can give the name of the mail account anything you'd like. In this example, I gave the account the name 'Work'.
Important: ensure “include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing” is checked.
23. Select the Servers tab.
24. Enabling SMTP Authentication:
25. SMTP authentication is required to send e-mail. Without this enabled, you cannot send e-mail. You'll probably see error '550' or an error 0x800CCC69 to list a few. SMTP authentication helps deter would-be spammers from spamming you.
26. Towards the bottom, left corner there is a box: My server requires authentication. Check it.
27. To the right, click the Settings button.
28. The following window appears:
29. Select Log on using.
30. Account name = enter the username of the e-mail account (everything before @).
31. Password = enter the password to your e-mail account.
32. Important: passwords are case-sensitive. Ensure your Caps Lock is disabled.
33. Select Remember password.
34. Important: Do NOT select Log on using 'Secure Password Authentication'.